T. F. Merrick Company, Inc. was established in 1923 in Long Beach, California. It was the decade when land in the industrial/business district of the City was available @ $1.80/sf of prime land! T. F. Merrick is the oldest Commercial and Industrial Real Estate Brokerage and Property Management firm in the City, and currently provides services in Los Angeles, Orange, and Riverside counties.
We can say with confidence that we will diligently serve buyers and sellers, tenants and landlords by paying attention to the following factors that help us in our business:
- Being well informed of relevant industry and economic factors
- Fairness in all dealings
- Gaining clear understanding of stakeholders objectives in buying/selling/leasing/holding properties
- Maintaining open and regular communication with all parties
- Proper upkeep and maintenance of properties to avoid deferred maintenance
- Creatively accommodating clients’ needs based on comprehensive evaluation
- Communicating clearly with tenants their responsibilities under the lease
- Attentive understanding of vendors’ bids and methods on maintenance issues
- Reporting financial results diligently with comprehensive reviews as requested by Owners
- Enjoying the process of serving our clients
While the length of Tom Merrick’s service in the industry is indicative of deep rooted knowledge, joy and passion for real estate, these strengths have percolated down to the staff of the company.
To complement Tom Merrick’s 50+ years of commercial real estate experience, the current staff members have each amassed 10-20 years experience with the company.
Add to this mix the presence of the 4th generation Merrick, Tom’s enthusiastic daughter Lindsie – real estate associate and agent – and we have just the right combination to take care of our clients’ needs be it to buy, sell, lease or manage commercial real estate.
Our clients like our integrated and transparent approach that allows our enviable team to provide creative solutions and straightforward suggestions after meticulous analysis of any real estate matter – office, industrial, or retail.